Thursday, September 10, 2009

a straw fedora.

Tuesday, September 8:

Last night, we got to see Fireworks! for Labor Day! That was very cool… and we didn’t even have to leave the boat.

This morning, we left at our usual time, headed for Beaufort (that’s Byoo-fort. South Carolina). We got to see more dolphins! (I decided I’m not taking any more pictures of dolphins. Let’s face it: I’m not all that great at it.)

Once we got to Beaufort, I rinsed off the boat, then headed into town while Barry and Alice went to visit Barry’s parents. Beaufort is a cute little town… mostly I window-shopped, but I did find a new cross for my cross wall!

We had dinner on the boat: hamburgers, mmmmm!

Tomorrow, we’re headed to Savannah! Weeee!


9/9/09- How cool is that?

We saw DOLPHINS! I know what you’re thinking- we’ve seen them before. We have, but holy cow, there were TONS of them today! They were welcoming us into the Savannah River, we think.

Tonight (and tomorrow night- yay!), we’re staying at Thunderbolt Marine. A short drive from Savannah.

After we got here, got some stuff done, and got cleaned up, Barry got us a rental car so we could go into town. But first we had to go to WalMart. Always an adventure. Today especially! On our way in, we saw… wait for it… PAULA DEEN!!!!!… wanna know what my opening line was?
“um…hi?” to which she responded with “Hey Ya’ll!” haha! Best day ever!!! I couldn’t quit laughing. I have no idea why she was there, but she was wearing a WalMart employee nametag that said “Paula Deen” (her bodyguards- 6 of them, if you were wondering- were also wearing Walmart employee name tags. So weird.)

From there, we drove into Savannah (past The Lady and Sons restaurant!!!) to Vinnie VanGoGo’s for awesome pizza…

Today was great- a little bit of rain, but overall, great weather… not too hot!

Tomorrow is a layover day… yay! Oh, and they’re gonna bring us KRISPYKREME
DONUTS in the morning! We’re never leaving.


9/10/09

Today is a layover day in Savannah. Awesome.
After donuts (with peanut butter for some… ew.), we waxed some of the boat… there is a whole lot of fiberglass.

Then, Barry and I took the car into town. I love Savannah. We went down to Factor’s Walk. I got a cool hat. And a praline. From there, we drove out to Tybee Island to explore. It’s a pretty neat-o little town. We walked out on a boardwalk to see what the ocean looked like- not bad… tomorrow should be cake.

Then we went back into town- I walked down Broughton St, found some cool stores, sat for a little while in one of the squares (don’t know which one… it was on Congress and Bull… very pretty.) because the weather was so great.

Tomorrow, we’re headed to Golden Isles. We stayed there on the way up… it was our very 1st port… stop me before I get all nostalgic and weepy.
But seriously, I guess I need to come to grips with the fact that this trip is almost over. I’ll have to rejoin society on dry land. :D

Catch you tomorrow… Thanks for readin! I appreciate it!

1 comment:






Do what you like. Like what you do.