Thursday, March 18, 2010

Home in 5...

"I'm livin on things that excite me-
Be they pastry or lobster or love..."



If those lyrics don't excite you, there's something wrong with you. I think they are perfect. If you agree, then listen to the whole song- I posted it just for you.

I wasn't able to post last night- we were in Clewiston. It was a good place to stay overnight- nice people, sheltered, no wind... I will say, however, that it stunk. Horribly. Not sure what I expected though- it's a swamp.
To get there, we had to go through 3 locks- 2 were about a 3 foot change, one was 8 feet. We got some pictures:




Also, we saw a camel. I didn't get a picture, but you've seen a camel before.

Happy belated St. Patrick's day, by the way...

This morning, Barry and I had breakfast at the marina before we left. (Since the time change, we haven't been able to get underway until well after 7 in the mornings...) Then we saw an awesome sunrise- the pictures don't do it justice, but I'll share anyway.

We had 2 locks to go through today- one with a change of about 7 inches... the other one dropped something like 13 feet. Holy cannoli. Pictures:


We traveled with 2 boats all of today and yesterday- a Fleming named "Athena" and a Hartage named "Pretty Lady." They were nice. The best boat name we saw today was "RedJello." fabulous.

We got in just after 2ish today and took a walk into town, got some ice cream, and tried and failed to find a book store... people in Stuart don't read?
Sunset Bay Marina- very cool place. Tomorrow, we'll be in Vero. Oh, and news: we'll likely be home a day early.

That's all I have for today! Peace out, homies!

1 comment:

  1. Margaritaville on XM 55? I dig it. Sounds like you do too.

    ReplyDelete






Do what you like. Like what you do.