Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Key West: Day 3



Good mornin!!

I spent the ENTIRE day yesterday walking around. seriously. I did a lot of people watching, a little shopping, but mostly wandered- way fun! The weather was perfect... and is again today.

I met some interesting people- I had coffee with 3 New York girls on a spring break cruise, met a cook on a sailboat from Jacksonville (she said they made it here in 3 days! that's crazy!) oh! and I went to this GREAT place for lunch- BO's Fish Wagon. I told Barry and Alice that you would call it a hole-in-the-wall... if there were any walls... I had the BEST fried fish I've ever had... and coincidentally, I ate with the guy who does their payroll- got to learn all about the place.

I took a couple pictures I thought I should show you:
This 1st one is a big statue- very pretty. That grandma down in the right hand corner is a real grandma though.

Then, this is apparently a sponge monster. very scary? Key West is a weird place.

Last night, we ate supper at a really great restaurant called Louie's Backyard- VERY good.
Today, I plan on walking around a bit more (even though my legs are killing me, haha) and later, we have some grocery shopping to do.

Hope you're all doin well! love! :)

3 comments:

  1. Don't forget to visit Harry Truman's Little White House and Hemingway's house. It is FULL of cats...it's insane.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_S._Truman_Little_White_House

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ernest_Hemingway_House

    ReplyDelete
  2. I"ve seen that sponge monster!! So cool! :) Glad you're having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sore legs will feel better soon, keep having fun. Missing you, love,love

    ReplyDelete






Do what you like. Like what you do.