Saturday, July 10, 2010

a book a day keeps the doctor away!

so far: 2 days, 2 books. I told Alice this is going to become an expensive endeavor should I continue on this distructive path... yesterday I read AJ Jacobs newest entitled "The Guinea Pig Diaries." Awesome, highly recommended. Today I read "Of Mice and Men." I had never read it before. weird, right? It just became one of my new favorites!

Today was another awesome day on the ocean... I was able to get 2 really great pictures of this morning's sunrise:

you're welcome!

On our way into the Savannah River inlet, we saw TONS of dolphins (probably 20) following a shrimp boat- spoiling their supper, presumably...

and here is the Tybee light:

Tomorrow is a layover day here at Hilton Head- hope everyone's having a fabulous weekend!

4 comments:

  1. I too had a day watching boats, St. Augustine on the watwefront. Dad & I are wishing you the best ever always. Be safe, thanks for the sunrise pics. Love,love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So that's what a sunrise looks like! Wow, now I see what all the fuss is about. Thankfully you get up early enough to take pictures of that so people like me don't have to. The early bird may catch the worm but the bird who sleeps in just says screw it and eats from the bird feeder!
    I guess I'm made to enjoy sunsets. I should live in California so I can experience that without having to wake up so dang early. It's either that or live by the gulf, but I don't think it would be nearly as beautiful with the orange glow of a sunset reflecting off of an oil slick. Enjoy Hilton Head, take lots more pictures of these "sunrises" as you call them. I want to show all my friends what these strange phenomenas look like, but I'll wait until around 11:30AM (IN THE MORNING) after they all wake up before I show them. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wasn't of mice and men part of our summer reading list in like ninth or tenth grade? Eh...even if it was, I didn't read it either. lol Miss ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can finally post! yay! I've been wanting to tell you for days how flippin sweet those sunrise pictures are. We need to get some frames when you get back! Love and miss ya lots!!

    ReplyDelete






Do what you like. Like what you do.