Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Why I Heart Layover Days:

Good afternoon! sorry for the delay, here are some things you've missed:

Sunday night, we were still in Hilton Head- we got to listen to a singer who entertains 6 nights a week from May til September under The Singing Tree... he sang "The Purple People Eater," "Rocky Top" (a personal fave), and the classic "Does Your Chewing Gum Lose its Flavor on the Bedpost Overnight?" He's a lot of fun to listen to- been doing this for the last 34 years!!! crazy!

This is the lighthouse right in the Harbor Towne Marina:

Yesterday mornin, I got a really cool picture of the sun rising behind us...

Yesterday was a great day on the ocean (again!). We got into Charleston around 3ish, and opted for supper on the boat due to inclimate weather...

This morning, I slept in! Then I took a walk down the dock, and chatted with some sailboaters on a really pretty boat- pretty and HUGE! I figured they were going somewhere exotic... imagine my disappointment when some Australian guy informs me that they're headed to Rhode Island. *sigh*
I was helpful anyway- cast off lines for them... wished them a safe trip... blah blah blah...

We caught the late morning shuttle to the market, and I found Sloane Crosley's new book of short stories! :) and we had lunch at a cafe at the Omni- VERY good chicken salad!

I'm telling you all of this from a coffee shop called City Lights that makes a very good iced mocha... should you visit Charleston anytime soon.

Tomorrow we'll be up with the sun and headed to Georgetown where, I remembered today, I had some of the best fried shrimp ever- around this time last year :)

Thanks for keepin up with me! hugs!

1 comment:

  1. Hugs back at ya. Great day here. Fed many, dinner at home, visit with Mayor, blah,blah. Chandelier where? Sleep well. Love, love.

    ReplyDelete






Do what you like. Like what you do.