Friday, July 23, 2010

popsicle or beer?

...we decided to travel north to escape the heat? We're in Irvington, VA.
It was 102 degrees while we were docking this afternoon.

While leaving Portsmouth this morning, I was able to grab the camera JUST in time to take this sunrise picture:

To get into the Chesapeake from where we spent the last 2 nights, we had to pass by a while bunch of really cool Naval ships... I took some pictures of those too!



Yesterday afternoon, I left that really great coffee shop and took a walk around downtown Portsmouth. I found some fun shops and the library (I will confess: the only reason I decided to go in in the first place was that I had to use the restroom... and it was really hot outside. A/C and an opportunity to sample a new book? yes, please!) and I found this church- beautiful steeple!


Then when I got back to the marina, I decided to see what kind of fun boat names I could find- and managed to find some good ones!!








While I was walking along the dock, a tug was bringing a sub down the waterway! Just in time for a photo-op!



Later, in the Chesapeake, we saw Thimble Shoal:

and Wolf Trap (one of my all-time favorites!):

We are in Irvington for the next 2 nights. Friends Dick and Fran picked us up for supper- they took us to The Wine and Cheese Co. for wine tasting and some GREAT food!!

Tomorrow should be a fairly chill day- I'm planning on some pool time :) Life is good! Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. love your blogs...
    SUNSCREEN at the pool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update. Boat names are fun. I'm sure the wine and dinner was great. We went to the Farmer's Market and the Riverside Arts Market this morning. Just chill for us also this afternoon. Love,love

    ReplyDelete






Do what you like. Like what you do.