Friday, July 16, 2010

Play me a song and I'll give you a dollar!

We're in Wilmington! I've never been here before... and I don't know what I was expecting, but I certainly was not expecting a charming little historic town!

Wait, let's back up to yesterday- a very long day on the water. We left Georgetown a little earlier than usual and it took a whopping 13 hours to get into Wilmington. The ocean was already a little rough, then 2 storms managed to find us around 2:15 in the afternoon...



We had to circle outside the Cape Fear inlet for an hour before we came in because the weather was so bad that it was impossible to see any markers or oncoming traffic.

This morning brought a BEAUTIFUL day! I went into town and found a great coffee shop- Port City Java. Yum-oh! and then wandered around town before meeting up with Alice to find some groceries. On the way back to the boat, we found a Rita's!! no joke! Life is good!



Mango and Watermelon- like Sunset in a Cup!

I'm back at the same coffee shop from this morning... the wireless at the dock was touch-and-go. As I was crossing the street to get here, some crazy woman asked me for a dollar "for a slice of pizza," she claimed... karma must have heard me decline this woman's offer to take my hard-earned dollar and decided to kick my ass, because it wasn't a second after I said it that I busted my toe on the curb... blood everywhere.

"Everyone makes mistakes," she said.
...to which I replied, "yeah, I still don't have any cash."

3 comments:

  1. I'll play you a song on my kazoo. Keep the dollar. Take care of that owee. Steak and salmon for our dinner tonight, a good Friday night dinner. The chart picture and OTW picture really showed how bad the weather was yesterday. Be safe, have fun. Love, love

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell Alice that those waves make my toes wiggle. I don't think God made enough Dramamine for me to take that!!! Glad you're having a great time and seeing new and wonderful things. The ritas don't sound bad either!! I think I'll go have one--a marga-rita!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. THE CAPE FEAR inlet!? Did you picture him (http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTYzNDc5MzcwMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNjI5NzY3._V1._SX475_SY327_.jpg) following you guys around?!

    ReplyDelete






Do what you like. Like what you do.