Sunday, August 7, 2011

Don't worry, it's not terminal.

Yesterday afternoon, when we passed the lighthouse on the point on our way in to Golden Isles Marina on St Simons Island, I decided I would wait until this morning to take a picture of it for you... the sunrise would be behind it and it would be prettier.

So this morning, when we were leaving Golden Isles, headed out to the ocean, I was sitting up on the bridge with Barry, coffee in hand, watching a great sunrise... hot pink, a little hazy, it looked HUGE, coming up right next to the lighthouse...

I said, "Wow, that is beautiful. It would make a fantastic picture... you know, if I weren't so lazy..."
To which Barry responded, "It's a disease, Ashley."

My coffee was really good.

Well, anyway, let's move on to what I DID take pictures of...
We left yesterday morning at sunrise and I got this picture of Doctors Lake Bridge:




Then, as we headed past downtown Jax I got some pretty cool ones too:
The Landing:


Maxwell House (coincidentally, what I was drinking at the time...)


EverBank Stadium:

and the fire station:

Then, I took a picture of this huge ship...

Just to show you this fender... because I think they look cool.

We got to Hilton Head to today around 3 maybe... rinsed the boat, took a walk around the marina... you know where it's not ANY cooler than at home? South Carolina. It is blistery outside.

Thanks for reading! Miss you! :)

1 comment:

  1. Great pics. Waiting for "yard art". Realizing you have to be in the ditch for that to happen. Love,love

    ReplyDelete






Do what you like. Like what you do.