Sunday, August 14, 2011

Where's Donald?

Friday: After we washed down the boat in the AM, I caught a ride to the Apple store in search of a charger for my iPod shuffle. If it dies before we get home, I might lose my mind. Have you ever tried to wash a boat without music? me neither. I can't imagine.
I get into the store and one employee promptly tells me they're out of that charger. Then she walks away. Another employee, standing right next to her, sees my face, apparently, and calls back to the stockroom to ask if they have ANY at all. They don't. I wasn't going cry. I told him we weren't leaving til Monday morning, would they get any in this weekend? He didn't know. "Hold on," he says, and he walks behind the counter, digs through his backpack and hands me the charger I need. "Just bring it back," he says. I was confused. "You're not leaving til Monday, you said, right? Just bring it back to me."
Joy was restored again!
I called the marina and caught a ride back, happy as a clam!
When we got back to the marina, I found Grace and Leo, the Captain's friends, in the parking lot! We had yummy cheeseburgers on the bridge. What a great day!

Saturday: I decided to start my day off with coffee from City Lights. I remembered it being wonderful the last time I was in town. Upon entering, I had to walk past a sweet old homeless man who told me he liked my skirt. Then something mumbled. "Llamas?" I asked. "No! I like the pockets!" he said, slightly less mumbly. It was then I remembered my skirt doesn't even have llamas on it. They're zebras. I thanked him and got my coffee.
Upon exiting City Lights, I got to walk past the same sweet old homeless man. "How do you spell Jehovah?" he asked. "Like Jehovah!"
"J-E-H-O-V-A-H." I said.
"OK, how do you spell Psalms? Like where you find Jehovah!"
"P-S-A-L-M-S."
"Thank! and here you go- you can save $2 on a carriage ride!" he offers.
"Oh, I'm not going on a carriage ride, but thank you."
"No," he whines, "but you can save $2!"
I took it.
(and for the record, I made a delicious pot of coffee on the boat this morning.)

From there, I went back to the Apple store to give Raymond his charger. Then I shopped my way down to the farmer's market at the end of King St.








I could have found something at every booth! and everyone was so friendly!
I left there and walked up Meeting St which is where I found a house I could live in:


and took a picture of the Methodist church:



and the fire station:

Then I got back on King St and found a yummy lunch at The Kickin Chicken before I walked back towards the farmer's market and met up with the gang. They still had shopping to do- I tagged along. Once we got hungry again, we wandered through the city market to Carolina's for supper. )Thanks, John Coyle!) Yum-oh! I had shrimp n' grits. So good.
I tried to remember to get the picture before we scarfed our food down, but I got sidetracked. oh well.
Today, I'll take more pictures. I'm headed into town again.

Thanks for reading! We'll be home in 6 days! yikes! :)

4 comments:

  1. Thank goodness some things never change. It is still all about the food, isn't it. Nice to see everyone enjoying themselves. Love, love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *Idiot*! In Latin Jehovah starts with an "I"...

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Then I remembered they aren't llambas." Fabulous.

    : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Personally I like to listen to an audiobook as I work on the boat. Great when washing it. Hard to atop when the book is really good. Or I will only stop at the end of a chapter.

    Caroline's is a really tasty treat.

    ReplyDelete






Do what you like. Like what you do.