Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Points for Participation

Good morning!

I’d like to welcome anyone who may have stumbled across this blog from Outer Reef’s site. Welcome! I feel I have to warn you. This blog is sometimes about boating. Sometimes about strange people I may notice while in whatever coffee shop (or Hooters) I’ve found that has wireless (tip! They all do!) But mostly I inevitably end up talking about food. I mentioned this to Barry and Alice last night at supper- that our new readers (should we acquire any) will probably, undoubtedly, think the three of us weigh a ton, collectively. I assure you we don’t. I just really like food. Having said all that, if what you were looking for was a site that will teach you something about boating, maintenance, and repair… you’re in the wrong place. The blog you need to be reading is John and Jeannie’s. They fit all that in AND manage to make it extremely interesting in the process (read: overachievers). Not that I don’t want you here, just hate to disappoint.



Ah, what a relief… I admitted to being complete fluff and you’re still here! Die-hards, I see.

I’m sitting in a coffee shop across the street from the Harbor Town Yacht Basin, HHI. Great coffee, REALLY great carrot-something muffin. Yum-oh.

Yesterday was a great day- Barry and I washed the boat, then I went to the pool. I finished reading Rebecca- great book, definitely recommend it- and started Pride and Prejudice because I feel like a failure for never having read it. So far, I’m wondering if the whole book will be able to live up to the very 1st line. We’ll see.
Later, we went to supper at The Crazy Crab next to the marina. I had the best Mahi ever. ...sorry about the glare on the window. But look how "food-happy" we are!

We’ll be in Hilton Head til early Thursday morning, then we’re headed to Charleston for 4 days.
I'll be sure to keep a detailed account of what I ate and the people I met.
...please come back.

3 comments:

  1. I love this blog. Good picture : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job, and we all love food too! We wish we were traveling along with you.... Try the mussels at Rue De Jean in Charleston.... OMG. Our best to Barry and Alice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. TO LOVE FOOD IS NOT A CRIME. STIR FRY RIGHT HERE ON THE CANAL. YOU ARE RIGHT @ COYLE'S BLOG, VERY BOATY, STILL LOVE FOOD AND PEOPLE.LOVE,love.

    ReplyDelete






Do what you like. Like what you do.