Friday, August 19, 2011

Savannah to Fernandina

Wednesday- we took the rental car into town. We wandered around, window shopped,
then had a great lunch at B&D's Burgers- "the best burger in Savannah!"
I agree! Mine had guacamole on it. yum-oh.

Thursday- we left Thunderbolt Marina at sunrise and I got a fantastic picture!
Thursday was a long day on the water, accompanied by about a bajillion dolphins and one ray! He came all the way out of the water- way cool! We got into St Simons after 3:00. Leo met us and drove us all to supper at Crabdaddy's on the island. Oh-em-gee, did I have some amazing shrimp! and it was Barry's genius idea to ask if we could have them two ways- so I had half blackened and half fried... boy, was I food-happy :) see? food-happiness.

Tonight we are in Fernandina- love this place :) I went for a walk, window shopped, people-watched. Tonight we have supper plans with Barry and Alice's friends Jim and Bo (sp?).
Tomorrow, we're leaving later than usual to catch all the tides at the right time.

I hope you all have enjoyed reading about our short little adventure! Ciao!

1 comment:

  1. What a neat pic of Grace. Wish the pink elephant was in someone's yard. Thanks for the blog. Love, love.

    ReplyDelete






Do what you like. Like what you do.