Friday, June 7, 2013

Was that a cow I just saw?

We are in Charleston. Tropical storm Andrea tried to blow us away, Dorothy-style, but we managed. The wind was rocking the boat pretty hard this morning. It got me up and out of bed by about 5:30.

I'm excited to show you the sunset pictures I took the night before we left Hilton Head (Monday night).


Gorgeous, right? 




We left Hilton Head Tuesday morning and went outside instead of staying in the ICW. We arrived in Charleston in the early afternoon. Wednesday Barry and I washed the boat- now she sparkles!- and we all had lasagna for supper. THEN we got to see this: 





The sun setting over the Cooper River was a beautiful sight AND the reflection of it onto the clouds behind this barge was too!


We are staying 6 days at the Charleston Harbor Resort and Marina, technically in Mt Pleasant, SC, across the Cooper River from downtown Charleston. Next to the marina, the USS Yorktown is beached and serves as a tourist destination. We get to tour it tomorrow night, but here's what we can see from the boat: 


There are 5 other Outer Reefs here for this weekend's rendezvous:




 







De Onions, Creative Edge, Tomahawk, The Gator, and Autumn. And, of course, Risky Business.

I took some pictures of the resort:




Yesterday, I took the hotel's trolley across the big bridge and into town. The trolley stops at the City Market and from there I walked to City Lights- the best coffee shop ever! I had a coconut latte. Really.


Then I walked around to see what I could find. This is a door that is labeled "First black door on the right":




It's almost lunch time- we're all eating as a group. Then we're going for a tour of a real live working plantation. Should be fun. I'll try to take some pictures. 

Wish us sunny weather!


Oh, and p.s. THANK YOU, SON! Miss you for real! Be good. :)


1 comment:

  1. Momma says, Glad to meet you, Robert. To Ash, so happy the storm wasn't more harsh. You are loved. Have fun. Love,love.

    ReplyDelete






Do what you like. Like what you do.