Saturday, June 1, 2013

THE Prince Diamond?!

Hello friends and family!

I am writing about our travels from a marina just outside of Savannah, Georgia. We have had two long, but pleasant traveling days so far.

We stayed on the boat Thursday night- here's a semi-sunset picture for you:


Then we left Doctors Lake at sunrise Friday morning and I set my breakfast down long enough to take some pictures- just for you!

Buckman Bridge:

























We have had two very pleasant traveling days. I took some great pictures of our trip through downtown Jacksonville.


The Cummer:



EverBank:

Once we got a little north of the stadium, THREE dolphins joined us! They seemed to be enjoying our wake very much. I took 3 pictures and this is the best one. It is very difficult to take a picture of a happy dolphin from a moving boat.


We had a very pleasant encounter with a sailboat named "Prince Diamond."



With a name like that, I feel like we should know who he is. This encounter prompted a lively conversation between Alice and me about the new Liberacci movie. Matt Damon is going to be in it? And everyone's ok with this?
I digress. My apologies.

On a lighter note, Zephyrhills makes sparkling water: raspberry-lime or orange flavored. It is wonderful and you should try it.
Perhaps with a little vodka.
You're welcome.

Friday night, Barry and Alice's friends Grace and Leo joined us for a very yummy supper at the Coastal Kitchen at Morningstar marina. I had blackened redfish. Best fish I've ever had. We'll likely catch up with Grace and Leo later on as well.

Saturday we didn't leave Brunswick until 10 AM because we had to accommodate for some low tides along the way. I spent little time on the bridge; most of today I was working on Hemingway homework. I learned quite a bit: Ernest and Hadley's son John Hadley Nicanor Hemingway was born in October of 1923. They called him "Bumby."

That's all for today, we'll catch up with everyone once we get to Hilton Head!

No comments:

Post a Comment






Do what you like. Like what you do.