Saturday, July 18, 2009

Day 2

Before I tell you about today, we have some leftover business from yesterday:
I give you St Simons Island lighthouse…




just a side note on this picture- the batteries in my camera died just before I could take it, so I quick ran down to my bunk, grabbed the batteries, swicthed them AS I was running back up the stairs, then jumped out the port side door just in time to catch the perfect picture, if I do say so myself...

Now, on to today… we got to see the Tybee Island lighthouse through the binoculars... but when I tried to take a picture of it, all we could make out was a speck on the horizon… then we got the bright idea to take the picture THROUGH the binoculars. Who knew that would work? Here’s the picture:



Tonight we're staying at Harbour Town Marina at Hilton Head.
http://marinas.com/view/marina/4405_Harbour_Town_Yacht_Basin_Hilton_Head_Isle_SC
They have a lighthouse too (we can see it off the stern of the boat...) But it's just for show... never been commissioned. here's a cool picture of it!



Tommorrow morning, we're headed to Charleston... that's all I have to say about today... thanks for reading! catch you on the flip side! :D

4 comments:

  1. It's fun to see someone experiencing all of this cruising stuff for the first time! I hope your cruise goes well...I'll keep up with your blog. If you have any questions that a fellow line money and close relative can help with, let me know (allred.ryan@gmail.com).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the "through the binoculars" picture. Pretty creative : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Salty Dog Cafe...make reservations! It gets crowded early.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, through the binoc's is the way to go.

    ReplyDelete






Do what you like. Like what you do.