Wednesday, July 22, 2009

...don't tug on Superman's cape...

Today is 7/21... Daddy's birthday!!! :D

This morning, as we were leaving the Charleston City Marina, we passed by Ft. Sumter and I was able to get an ok picture of it:



Today was a great day on the water, we’re all pleasantly surprised how not miserable the weather has been… Momma’s prayers must be workin!

We got to see 2 lighthouses today:

Cape Romain (sorry it's so tiny...):



And Georgetown:



Just in front of the Georgetown Lighthouse was a Coast Guard vessel doin some work in the channel- that was fun to see- it was huge!

Tonight we are staying in Georgetown. And it’s a good thing too! I was so angry with myself yesterday for not getting a praline when I had the chance! I was hoping they would have them here, and not only did they have them, they had a sign on the sidewalk announcing it! Think it was an omen? I did. I bought 2.

We window shopped a lot, found a good bookstore to peruse, and then we found this in the window of a restaurant called Buzz Roost:



Ew?

We also went in a shop that had a t-shirt that read, “It’s better to let a fox guard your hen house than to give your dog the keys to your truck.”

…must be South Carolina humor… we don’t get it.

We went to eat at a place called The Dock House where I had the BEST fried shrimp I’ve ever had! I know that’s a huge statement, but don’t worry, I thought about it… it’s the truth.
Here we are!



Tomorrow, we’re headed for Southport, NC... it’s gonna be a long day- 10 hours on the water… no worries though, we’re taking the scenic route through the intracoastal…
Thanks for reading! Later dudes! :D
p.s. If anyone cares to explain the t-shirt, that would be groovy.

1 comment:

  1. Please tell me you bought that crazy lady statue for our house?! I'm sure it would match!

    ReplyDelete






Do what you like. Like what you do.