Monday, July 20, 2009

Ew. Gross.

Today was a layover day in Charleston. Woke up a little later than usual... and by that, I of course mean 3 hours... had some breakfast, vacuumed, dusted, etc, the Captain got the part to fix the thrusters (HALLELUJAH!), the "cable" guy came and fixed the satellite TV, and then we went exploring!!! A shuttle took us from the marina into downtown Charleston, where we meandered through the straw market, went in some really fun stores, and then we took a carriage ride through the city! ...and I learned a very important lesson. I do NOT want to work with horses. ever. When the horses come back to the stable, they are hosed off and then this guy has to take their temperature! ew!

anyway, enough about that... on to more exciting things... I can cross a picture off the scavenger hunt list! Sea gulls on pilings... sort of... this one is a couple of pigeons on pilings...



and here's a sea gull... on a cleat.



oh, one last thing: we figured it would be a good idea to post pictures of the boat! duh!
here you go!





Tomorrow mornin, we're headed to Georgetown, SC, where they will hopefully have pralines... I passed up about a dozen chances to get some today... rookie mistake.

2 comments:

  1. amateur. You ALWAYS get pralines at every possible moment...geeze...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must say I am disappointed that you missed an opportunity to get pralines. Looks like Ashley and I agree. Bet you won't do that again!
    I LOVE that you are blogging everyday. Keep up the good work.
    Take care of yourself. I am praying for you. I miss watching movies with you! Love you, Mrs. P.

    ReplyDelete






Do what you like. Like what you do.