Saturday, August 7, 2010

Adventures in Baltimore...

Good morning! We're in Baltimore! I'm at Starbucks, which is, conveniently, just a block away from the marina!
weeeee!

We left Annapolis yesterday morning and had a pleasant 4ish hour ride.

We saw Sandy Point Light...




Also, we saw the Francis Scott Key Memorial Bouy!
...yeah... apparently this is how we honor the person responsible for writing The Star Spangled Banner!? (...tune in next week to see the Rosa Parks Memorial Stop Sign!)

We got into Baltimore around lunch time... and you'll NEVER GUESS who came to see me!!! The one, the only, Brielle Smoot! Aaaaaaagh!

You missed her as much as I did! We had a blast... had about a year of life to catch up on. She and Mike (you remember Mike! Biggest sweetheart! You missed him TOO!) took me to a hamburger place called B.W. Wreck's... or W.E. Mike's... or something... anyway- great burgers! awesome beer! had fun! :)

Then we found a RITA'S!!!!!



You should know- I did take another picture after this one... and made Brie move the straw from in front of her face, but this one was just so good- with both of them laughing at some hilarious thing I said, that I just had to post it. It's my blog, I can do what I want.

Today, the weather is very nice... not quite as hot as yesterday. Gonna go take a walk around the city, see what I can find...

Hope you're all doing well! Thanks for reading! :)

3 comments:

  1. Is it possible that the buoy represents the actual spot where the ship was when Key wrote the SSB?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is there a Rita's at every waterfront community? You need to make a book of only lights. The pictures are great. So are you.Love, love

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is also the "Francis Scott Key" key. I hear it's pretty cool. ;-) I think Anonymous my be right about the buoy.

    ReplyDelete






Do what you like. Like what you do.