Sunday, August 29, 2010

"where the Ashley River and the Cooper River meet to form the Atlantic..."

Howdy, friends! I named this post while we were in Charleston... so, yeah, it made sense then.
anywho, first order of business...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ASHLEY CHESTER!! WOOO-HOOOO!!
and
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO BECKY HOLT!! WOOO-HOOOO TO YOU TOO!!
and
HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY TO PATRICK LANDERS!!!

I think that covers them all, but yell at me if I forgot you.



The last time I posted, we were in Oriental. We left there around 10ish on Thursday morning for Beaufort, NC.
From Beaufort, we went to Santee Bay, just south of Georgetown, and anchored out.
oh, by the way, I have some really great pictures, but I'm not on my computer, so you'll have to wait to see them. Apologies.
Saturday, we made it to Charleston around lunchtime. After lunch, the boat got a bath- now she sparkles!! and last night we watched a movie called "An Unfinished Life"- starring Robert Redford (he's SO dreamy!), J-Lo, and Morgan Freeman... AND that really cute guy from "Sweet Home Alabama..."- Josh Lucas? idk, correct me if I'm wrong.
Sunday I slept in a little and then took the marina's shuttle into town with a new sailor friend! we got breakfast, then walked around town. the weather was just beautiful- perfect for walking around in the sunshine!
From Charleston, we went to Beaufort, SC. (BYOO-FORT)
I did a little window shopping, had some really good ice cream, then sat in the park overlooking the water and read some of my book (The Sun Also Rises, in case you were wondering...)
We left Beaufort this morning and now we're in Savannah. The sunrise this morning was FANTASTIC and some dolphins visited us on our trip. good day.
We'll be here til Thursday morning, then we're headed to Jekyll Island. :)

Thanks for reading, sorry there are no visual aids.
Hugs all around!

p.s. we'll be home in 4 days. eeek!

4 comments:

  1. Glad your weather is good. Dolphins are fun. Clean boats too. Aunt Laura says "hi". Leaving for N.C. Thursday, with Uncle R. Stay ahead of the weather. Love, love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Thank you so much for the thought..however I think you confused September and August. Its August 1st. Miss ya.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the birthday shout out! Can't wait for you to be here so we can celebrate for reals yo!

    PS: you are correct....Josh Lucas. And yes...he's b-e-a-u-tiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey ya'll! If ya got a hankerin' fer sum biscuits and fried chicken and mild heart murmurs, stop in at ole' Paula Deen's restaurant while in Savannee.

    I'm gonna to go work on typing mah southern accent...

    Enjoy, ya'll!

    ReplyDelete






Do what you like. Like what you do.