Saturday, August 1, 2009

Hooray for jujubees!

Today is July 31, 2009.
We’re in Delaware.

Happy birthday, Scott Thomas! :D

This morning, we left Annapolis and now we’re at the Summit North Marina in between the Chesapeake Bay and the Delaware Bay. This morning, while we were leaving the dock, we heard the boys at the Naval Academy running and yelling… waaaay too early.

I had spaghetti for breakfast again.

We went under the Bay Bridge! It’s so huge. Look at this thing!

Then we saw a lighthouse. We don’t know which one it is. There are a lot in this area on the chart, but it’s a cool picture anyway…

This is the Turkey Point lighthouse. Very pretty.

And this is a bridge. Just south of where we are now. I forgot which one. My apologies for the sloppy journalism.

I also had spaghetti for lunch. Mmmmm.

I went in search of an internet connection to no avail. We’re in Delaware. However, I did find a tomato plant. On a dock! Way cool. Forgot my camera. Had to run for cover due to hurricane force winds and blinding rains. We barely made it.
jk, but there was a thunderstorm.

Later, we went to a restaurant by the marina called AquaSol. Interesting place. “Miami Cuisine” they say. I had lobster mac n cheese. It was fabulous. This is a picture of the RR bridge we could see from the patio of the restaurant- kinda cool...

Tomorrow we are headed to Cape May, then on to Atlantic City. There’s been a slight change of plans. We are not laying over in Cape May, but instead spending 2 days in Atlantic City.

p.s. there are jellyfish EVERYWHERE!

4 comments:

  1. Dela-where?

    **please, no applause**

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to early to be awake...much less doing physical activity!

    Hey, by the way...I miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lobster and mac n' cheese? why screw up the lobster? Why mess with a classic. Jealous. I am.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Had to run from a hurricane. Barely made it. JK, but there was a thunderstorm."

    Dodgeball - "seriously, I've got them in the back."

    ReplyDelete






Do what you like. Like what you do.