Sunday, August 9, 2009

My new friend Gladys.

8.8.09

Today we're in Clinton, Connecticut.

Cute little town... not much goin on... I went in search of internet to no avail. Actually, no one seemed to understand what a person would use internet for.

Unfortunately, I had to go shopping instead! no internet, but there was a Gap!

I took the shuttle from the marina to Clinton Crossing- Clinton really is a beautiful area! Gladys, the minivan driver, was happy to tell me everything she knew about the area. I mean everything. For instance, did you know her brother was a mortician?
But seriously, she was probably the cutest little lady in the world... I invited her to my house for a birthday celebration (hers is the 9th of November- she'll be 68!)

When she picked me up from Clinton Crossing, she asked, since I was the only guest aboard, if I'd like a TOUR of Clinton! Why, of course I would! This is when I learned the really juicy stuff- "The town allergist is a bit of a nutcase..." "The Log Cabin is a wonderful restaurant... it's where my brother had most of his liquid dinners..." "There used to be only 6 houses on this street!"

We had dinner right next to the marina at a really great restaurant called Aqua.
Tomorrow, we'll be in New London, CT... then we catch up with guests Grace and Leo in Newport on Monday!

Happy Sunday! LOVELOVE!!! :D

2 comments:

  1. Maybe this is me being ignorant and for that I apologize greatly... but liquid dinners? Did he have teeth??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the garbage flowers! Love them, of course. Pics are great, everyone looks so happy. Such intricate architecture you have captured.No more turtles. Have a great Monday. Love,love,Momma

    ReplyDelete






Do what you like. Like what you do.