Saturday, July 5, 2014

Day 6: Arthur changed our plans.

Yesterday, if you'll remember I was at a downtown Starbucks and from there I was headed to Walgreens. On the way, I found a really cool bookstore at the end of an alley.





I bought one book, James Thurber's My Life and Hard Times. I haven't started it yet, but I'm super excited.

When I got back to the boat, Barry informed me that I had missed out on the USS Constuitution leaving. It was the fourth, so it was some ceremonial something or other. Hence, the fire boats' ceremonial spray.




It's a good thing Boston rescheduled 4th activities, because yesterday's weather would have really ruined things. It was spitting rain on me, on and off, all morning. When I got back to boat, Barry and I had lunch on the stern and watched it really start raining. And it didn't stop. All day long. I took this pic after supper. Remember, the black boat-shaped icon is the boat...


Luckily, today is a BEAUTIFUL day. It's about 65 degrees outside, windy, and sunny! I tried going to Zume's, the coffee shop I went to the other day, but as I walked up a guy told me, "Sorry, we're closed. Theres a flood in the basement." At the time, I didn't understand how that affected my cup of coffee, but I think that might have been a bad attitude. So now I'm at Dunkin. Harrumph. (My coffee was good, my muffin was fine. I'm just complaining.) 

I have some chores to do today, then I may walk over the bridge again if the weather is still this nice. 

That's all for today. Happy 5th of July!








1 comment:

  1. You find the best bookstores in nearly every port. Mike said the USS Constitution ONLY goes out on the 4th. Enjoy what comes next. Love,love

    ReplyDelete






Do what you like. Like what you do.